One of the city's most notable open spaces covering approximately 8 hectare, this area was vested in Auckland City Council in 1875. Tree planting and improvement work followed the original 'Lily of the Valley' design and has strengthened the park’s initial plan.
Walkways through mature trees, following the path of a seasonal stream through a sloping valley with sportsfields and tennis courts on the flat, lower area. Several distinctive sculptures have been added on the Ponsonby Road frontage, along with new park furniture.
Access from Beresford Street, Hepburn Street, Smith Street, Tahuna Street and Ponsonby Road, with a new entrance at Hopetoun Street where a viewing platform looking out to the harbour has been built.