Introduction to Beekeeping
This Introduction to Beekeeping class it covers the basic information you need to know before you set up a bee hive. Learn about the history, biology and health of bees; types of hives, sighting hives and the law; and have your questions answered.
Term 3 - 15 August 2013, 1 Weeks, $25.00 enrolment expiry 16/08/13
Term 4 - 14 November 2013, 1 Weeks, $25.00 enrolment expiry 15/11/13
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre and in inner city Auckland. Take a look at the exciting line-up offered in the second half of 2013.
Our July- December programme is now online, with brochures available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets. Let us know if you'd like us to mail you a copy - phone Rayna on 09 555 5164.
Fresh and exciting new activities and classes for Terms 3 & 4, 2013 include:
iPad – a practical crash course; Knit One, Purl One; Ukelele for Beginners and a new batch of Culinary Delights, Breads from around the world, Fresh Cheeses and Yoghurt, Festive Christmas Treats and Delights and Wonderful Winter Warmers.
Bridge has been so popular, we're offering three more ways to participate and advance with New Evening Bridge, Bridge for Beginners class and Bridge – Improvers class.
Also look for our brand new Sustainable & Smart stream featuring composting, beekeeping and creative ways of recycling textiles and found objects - easy, creative and satisfying ways for you to help reduce our impact on the planet.
On-going classes include our popular languages series – French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, New Zealand Sign Language and English for new New Zealanders; Pilates day and evening classes, Yoga, Digital Photography and Dancercise for 50+ and many more classes in creative art, craft and design, culinary delights, culture, dance, ESOL / general English, healthy mind & body, languages, and technology.
Our social activities include bridge, mah jong, chess, seniors coffee and chat, walking group, film club, garden group, Scrabble, knitting group, U3A Parnell and Toastmasters Club.
We also offer a schedule of heritage walks - both guided walks and our soon-to-be-launched self-guided walks about central Auckland's historic suburbs.
Most classes and activities are held in the Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building) at 545 Parnell Road. In 2012 Parnell Trust created a satellite schedule of Inner City activities and classes for Auckland CBD residents. Most of these are held at The Pioneer Women's and Ellen Melville Hall, Freyberg Place off High Street.
You’ll find details of all our classes here on Eventfinder and on www.parnell.org.nz
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
1. Enrol online at www.parnell.org.nz/enrol.htm; or
2. Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email, post or
fax it to us; or
3. Come to the Parnell Community Centre office, upstairs at the Jubilee Building at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, Eftpos and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) and people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.