The 4th annual "Bikes BBQ & the Blues" festival of motorcycling is on again. A not-for-profit charitable fundraising event, the benefiting charity in 2013 is the Prostate Cancer Foundation of NZ.
Bikes, BBQ & the Blues is exactly that. It's all about bikers, their bikes, the blues and good food in a festival celebration of all things motorcycling. It's a brilliant afternoon for immersion in your passion and every rider has the chance to win one of the many spot prizes. A laid back afternoon of motorcycles and music in a unique format that’s been very popular.
- The Auckland bikers' day out – for everyone no matter what type or condition your bike or scooter
- A day for bikers to enthuse, admire and dream about their passion
- A day to informally talk to retailers about their bikes, accessories and services
- Every kind of motorcycle is welcome, from vintage, veteran and classic to custom, bobbers and modern
- Located at historic Fort Takapuna (adjacent to Narrow Neck Beach), with spectacular cliff top views across the Hauraki Gulf to Rangitoto
- Exhibits and displays by bike retailers, bike clubs and collectors with prizes for the best exhibits
- 2013 expectations: 1000+ bikes, 2000+ general public
- $15 entry fee per bike includes raffle ticket, no charge to riders & pillion
- $5 per person the general public (no raffle ticket included)
- Spot prizes for bike riders
- See website for full details
There is no need to pre-register. Just arrive on the day on your bike, enter the event area, register and be in to win great spot prizes. In case of bad weather watch website for cancellation or listen to The Sound 93.8FM.
Brought to you by the Devonport Riders Club and the Rotary Club of Devonport