Zaharah Belly Dance
Benefits of pregnancy belly dance:
1. Belly dance strengthens muscles that normally could be weak, and those that help with childbirth.
2. Although the abdomen is a big focus the birth canal and pelvic floor get a workout as well. All these support the birthing process.
3. The baby benefits from the rocking of the pelvis and the soothing tones of the music. Helps maintain balance and centre of gravity for the the body.
4. Low impact exercise, helps maintain general fitness
5. Overall muscle strengthening of the pelvis
6. Fun, social and you feel good!
What to wear & bring to class:
1. Comfortable non restricting clothes e.g tights, loose top or yoga gear.
3. Yoga/Pilates mat (please let me know if you do not have one)
What to expect in class:
We will start with pre dance warmup exercises, over the course of lessons you will learn the basic moves of belly dance and learning to dance with a veil.