The Village People have sold over 100 million records and still retain most of the original and early lineups performing their disco and dance hits, including the trademark "Macho Man", "Go West", the classic club medley of "San Francisco (You've Got Me) / In Hollywood (Everybody is a Star)", "In the Navy", "Can't Stop the Music", and their biggest hit, "Y.M.C.A.".
Performing to acclaim throughout Cher’s 2005 ‘Farewell Tour’ the Village People still maintain a busy international schedule with their high-energy show.
The Village People have been recently described as ‘Still as sexy as ever - audiences warmed to their enthusiasm, strong versatile vocals and choreography,’ (The News, Australia) and ‘Exuberant- a wildly entertaining performance!’ (NY Daily News) while the London Evening Standard said, ‘Fabulous! Village People took the crowd by storm, singing live and performing brilliantly!’
Supporting the '70s and '80s superstars are the Beatgirls who will kick things off with their own energetic, fully choreographed and costumed show featuring hits from the '60s to the '00s by everyone from The Beatles and Abba to The B52s and Kylie Minogue.
All seating is general admission within the grassed amphitheatre. Important information below.
3PM Gates open
4PM The Beatgirls
5PM Village People
6.30PM Finish (all times approximate)
Bring a picnic and a blanket but no alcohol, glass or four-legged family members! Any non-alcoholic beverages must be in originally sealed containers.
Important information re. seating, parking, rain date, etc...
- All tickets are general admission. We encourage blankets and low chairs. Those with normal height chairs will be directed to the rear and one side of the venue.
- A full bar with EFTPOS will operate and a range of hot food will be for sale.
- Parking: on-site parking is only available for disabled guests.
- Free shuttles will leave from the following locations where there is plenty of parking - outside Warkworth I-site (opposite Westpac), and Omaha Beach Surf Club (stopping outside Matakana School), taking you straight to Ascension. The shuttle buses will operate from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, and from 6.30PM. Our neighbour across the road will be offering parking for a nominal amount (subject to weather).
- This is an outdoor event. We play "rain or shine".