This half day course is an introduction to the fundamentals of marketing, starting with what marketing is and how it integrates within an organisation.
The course will give you practical ways of working, including how to avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll learn some of the fundamental approaches used by practising marketers and how marketing works with other disciplines.
It will cover common terminology and marketing practice, the basis of a marketing plan, how to write cogent briefs for your marketing partners and suppliers, and how to evaluate the work they do.
Who should attend:
• Anyone who has been given some responsibility for ‘marketing’ as part of their job, but who is not specifically a ‘marketer’
• Anyone who has to work closely with marketers and wants to understand more
• Anyone who wants to feel more confident about marketing
• What is marketing?
• The marketing role, its scope and its limitations
• The importance of the ‘brand’
• Defining your target markets, positioning and communication
• Ingredients of the marketing plan
• A website strategy
• Stay nimble - don’t panic - spot opportunities and what next?
• Look at some examples
$ 240.00 + GST for members
$ 380.00 + GST for non members