Parenting teenagers is often likened to white-water rafting - sometimes scary - sometimes exhilarating! Many parents consider parenting teenagers the most challenging task they have ever tackled; but they can also be the best years of your life.
Respected speakers Bruce and Amanda Pilbrow will show you how to understand your teenager, how to communicate with them and how to give them the love and limits that will get them through their teenage years. Topics covered include:
- understanding change and learning to handle it
- helping your teenager live in their culture without losing their future
- moving towards flying solo - they need you but also need to start breaking away
- respect, boundaries and consequences
- the style that fits: the parent-coach
- teaching your teen how to think
- keeping your teen on board
- sex, drugs and alcohol
- challenging and inspiring your teen
You'll go home from this event with new ideas, a heap of tips to try and a big dose of optimism.
Tickets can be purchased from Westlake Boys Student Services Centre or email email@example.com Doors open 7pm.