Have you ever wanted to know more about heritage roses? The characteristics of the different rose families and how you can use them to best advantage in your own garden. How easy they are to grow and care for. The best roses for fragrance, rose hips and particular situations and what you can make with them. Then this is the seminar for you...
Karen and Grant Piercy, owners of Trinity Farm Rose Nursery and Garden, have spent over 5 years reviving their 10 acre property with show garden and nursery. Karen is keen to share her experience and knowledge gained from previous gardens and her particular focus on heritage roses. Seminars will be held in a warm, character barn, purpose built with workshops and seminars in mind. Trinity Farm evokes a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in keeping with a bygone era.
What will I learn?
- The history and characteristics of the different rose families - damasks, gallicas, moss, hybrid musks, teas, chinas, rugosas, wichurana ramblers, multiflora ramblers etc;
- Choosing roses for every situation - even by the beach;
- The best roses for fragrance, including those used for rose oil and rose water;
- The best roses for hips and what you can make with them;
- How to care for heritage roses - planting, pruning and minimal spraying practices (incl organic);
- Different ideas for growing heritage roses and what you can grow them with;
- What you can make with roses.
- Participation at the seminar including a tour of the garden;
- Comprehensive handout to take away;
- Morning tea on arrival;
- Gourmet lunch;
- Wine/juice at end of seminar;
- 20% discount on all full priced roses purchased on the day of the seminar.